Just like me, there are people out there with voices they’d like to share. And, as much as I’d like to get known and be talked out, I know that spreading the word of those bloggers and vloggers is only fair. They deserve as much recognition as me, if not more. So, I am going to share with you some of my favorite people out there in cyberspace.
First, let me introduce you to a couple of my favorite blogs:
- Beauty Vixen, aka Kate Curry. This lovely woman is a seasoned cosmetics & beauty maven, working as an esthetician and skincare expert at Sephora, among many other fantastic roles. She is very aware of the constantly changing trends in the cosmetics industry and is always willing to try the latest and greatest. I love her writing style. She is very approachable, kind, fun, and hilarious. She gets that just the right shade of lipstick makes us feel like Wonder Woman or the right body lotion makes us literally and figuratively feel perfect in our own skin. She’s my touchstone when it comes to hot-now beauty products.
- Sarah in Spades, aka Sarah Lubin. Another friend of mine. She recently started her own blog, which is full of fun posts. She loves to share her beauty favorites, beauty products she covets, YouTube videos she loves, joyful nuggets she has found on Pinterest. Sarah is adorable. Her blog is a breath of fresh air, and I love stopping by to get my dose of cute. I enjoy her style and feel that everyone can, too.
- I Stop For Suffering. This is my go to blog if I’m feeling blue. All of the posts are very uplifting and inspirational. I discovered this blog when one of their posts showed up on my suggested reading feed. It was a simple post, featuring The Lumineers’ “Hey Ho” video. I love The Lumineers and I love “Hey Ho”, so this was a great post to get me interested. I suggest you bookmark and/or follow this blog for day when you need a little lift.
Now, let me share with you some YouTube channels I enjoy:
- Francesca Fiorentini’s channel Laugh To Not Cry. I went to high school with Francesca, and always admired how hilarious she was. And, that hilarity has remained. She’s smart, opinionated, well travelled, and well versed. And, I appreciate that she takes current events and talks about them in a hip, funny way. She’s what I imagine Jon Stewart would be if he were 20-something years younger, not paid by comedy central, and female.
- Lipstick and Liner. So, this is an aspiring “makeup guru” (ugh, I hate that term) from Scotland. That’s right. Scotland. While I’m Irish and should really have some fightin’ Irish pride, I admit I have a soft spot for Scottish women. Their accents are to die for. Cutest sh*t I have ever heard. I found this girl when I was scrolling through hundreds of that infamous “Accent Tag” that’s been popular lately. She doesn’t have many videos, but the ones she has uploaded are lovely. I hope she starts becoming more regular in her vlogging. She deserves it.
- K.FLAY. Well, must I really explain? Anyone who is into female hip-hop electro-rappers, you probably already know all there is to know about K.FLAY. I just recently discovered her after hearing one of her songs on the radio (the only time listening to the radio has been a positive experience in my life). Naturally, my afternoon was filled with watching videos on her page. Not only do you get to see her music videos and gig footage, but she also has videos of her being silly and videos about books she has read. Cool chick. Very smart and very funny.
I hope you enjoy these blogs & vlogs as much as I do! The more active I become with my blog, the more creative cyberspace people I will come to admire, so be on the look out for more shout-outs!
Currently reading: “Are You My Mother?” by Alison Bechdel